Mosquito Control Program
WHAT ANIMAL/INSECT KILLS THE MOST PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD? THE MOSQUITO!
Mosquitoes are not only a nuisance but also a serious health risk. Mosquito Control from Southern Lawns can help you take back your outdoors from these buzzing pests.
Our monthly Mosquito Control program consists of a barrier spray that is applied to shrubs, low-hanging limbs and patio areas. It is odorless and completely safe for your family and your pets. We apply this spray once a month, approximately every 24 days, between April and October. It is also helpful at reducing fleas, ticks and spiders in your lawn and landscape.
Cost: $52.50/treatment for lots up to half an acre.
(One-time/special occasion treatments available for $75)
Available during the active season without enrollment in a lawn care program.
Facts About Mosquitoes
- Only the female bites, because production of mosquito eggs requires blood. The female can lay up to 300 eggs at a time, averaging 1,000 to 3,000 offspring in her life span.
- A mosquito reaches adulthood from the egg stage in only four to seven days.
- Mosquitoes remain within a one-mile radius of their breeding site.
- There are 170+ species of mosquitoes in the U.S. and several of these we introduced accidentally from other parts of the world.
- Mosquitoes carry several dangerous diseases. According to the Center For Disease Control and Prevention, these include malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever, Rift Valley fever, and viruses that cause encephalitis (brain inflammation).