Mosquito Control Program
WHAT ANIMAL/INSECT KILLS THE MOST PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD?
Mosquitoes are not only a nuisance, they can be a serious health risk as well. With Mosquito Control from Southern Lawns, we can help you take back your outdoors from these buzzing pests.
Our monthly Mosquito Control program consists of a barrier spray that is applied to shrubs, low hanging limbs and patio areas. It is odorless and completely safe for your family and your pets. We apply this spray once a month, approximately every 24 days, between April and October, and it is also helpful at reducing fleas, ticks and spiders in your lawn and landscape.
Cost: $50/treatment for half-acre lots or less.
(One time/special occasion treatments available for $75)
Facts About Mosquitoes
- Only the female mosquito bites and requires blood to produce eggs. The female can lay up to 300 eggs at a time, averaging 1,000 to 3,000 offspring in her life span
- A mosquito reaches adulthood from the egg stage in only 4-7 days
- Mosquitoes remain within a 1 mile radius of their breeding site.
- There are 170+ species of mosquitoes in the U.S. and several of these we introduced accidentally from other parts of the world.
- Mosquitoes carry several diseases, as mentioned by the Center For Disease Control, these are: Viral Diseases that cause encephalitis (brain inflammation), Malaria, Yellow Fever, Dengue Fever, Rift Valley Fever